Friday, July 24, 2009

What I love today

Every now and then I'll post a list of what I'm loving. Let's call it a LOVE capsule. I hope that when I look back on these lists in years to come, I still love these things (sic) and many more.

There's the obvious, of course:
  • My family and my extended families: God knows there's a million of them.
  • My other family: my friends, the family that you choose who make my life so wonderful.
Ok, that's it for the mushy stuff. Then there's the loves that are exclusive to me:
  • Clear blue skies on a crisp winter's day.
  • Memories of my beautiful golden retriever who succumbed suddenly to cancer this week aged 11.
  • The essence of brands and what makes them attractive to some, yet not to others.
  • Wine - I don't discriminate on colour, age or external aesthetics.
  • A big, booming power ballad belted out by the beauties of music (currently into Beyonce, Jordin Sparks, Delta Goodrem, Jessica Mauboy, Lily Allen, Mariah Carey) and rolling down the windows of my car and opening my lungs...
  • A smile, a hug. Any display of genuine affection, really. Kindness is very underrated.
  • Twitter. Yup I love it, it's my thing, leave me alone.
  • Being successful and not apologising for it or making any concessions.
So readers out there, what or who are your loves?

No comments: