Thursday, September 3, 2009

Cupcakes = yum

I have a thing for cupcakes. Those that know me, know I'll never pass up an opportunity to try a new place, no matter where I am.

It's hard to tell when my cupcake affair began, but safe to say it really took off when I went to New York in January 2008. My first taste of ultimate cupcake bliss was from Buttercup Bakery, rivals to the famous Magnolia Bakery. I was on the Sex and The City tour and we were stopped on Bleeker St, right outside Magnolia. Cheeky? Yes. Delicious? You betcha. I then proceeded to purchase enough cupcakes from Magnolia to last my entire 10 day stay. And then still went back on my last day to buy more! I even managed to get one on the plane and home to Brisbane to my sister. Even after a 24 hour plane ride, she said it still tasted like heaven comes from an oven.

Since then, I've tried every cupcake place that I have come across. Well, as many of them as I can. Here are my favourite spots in Brisbane:
  • Poppycakes, 1000 Ann Street Brisbane
  • Nourish, Racecourse Road Ascot
  • Cakes By Judy C, Waterworks Road Ashgrove
If you've got a favourite, please let me know so I can try them out! Sydney and Melbourne suggestions very welcome.

1 comment:

Eat drink and be Kerry said...

Hi Marissa,
The search for the perfect cupcake continues on Eat Drink and be Kerry http://eatdrinkandbekerry.blogspot.com/
Kerry